A Cocky Nerd and an Angsty Drama Geek: Part One

There's a reason Ben doesn't remember meeting me when we were both in Junior High. A frequent listener to Dashboard Confessional and all things Emo, it was not a good time. Ben and I were both in the middle school extravaganza that was "The Wizard of Oz." Ben was starring as the Scarecrow, every bit the leading role he knew he deserved. I, being an understudy for Glinda the Good Witch, was not in the play until the second act, where I played one of three "Scarecrow Stuffers" during "The Merry Old Land of Oz". I remember coming on stage, and this 7th grade kid was all at once cussing me out for forgetting his stool on which for him to sit while we stuffed.

I remember telling him to go to hell and refusing to speak with him for the remainder of the production.

No comments:

Post a Comment