The Stars at Night are Big and Bright.


Greetings from beautiful Dallas, Texas. Well, maybe not the most beautiful, but absolutely the most beautiful to us. I'm currently blogging from the most awesome Starbucks, where my best friend Christi is ASM.

Ben and I were talking about why it feels so good to be back in Texas and this is what we came up with, for all y'all Californians who can't understand what we love about this gritty, muggy place.

This was our home when we didn't have a home.

This was and is the place where we literally do not have enough time to see all of the people who love us and want to see us. This group of people, who are certainly not limited to Jake Palenske, Christi Dozier, Richard and Jessa Thomas, Jon and Sami Lilley, Jason and Sara Rains, Ray Adamson, Chris Heimann, Mike Zik, Kevin and Stephanie Bennett, Mo Nammarri, Kristine and Britton Waldron, Laura and Brad Smith, Tami Heard, and Jozel Benson are our family in every meaning and sense of the word. They supported us when we were so far from our own families, listened to me cry and helped Ben to know what to do when I did cry.

We find home here in everything that was so familiar that first year we were married, and in so many places where Ben transitioned out of high school and into collegeThis church helped mold us into the people that we are.

This funny, ultra-conservative, spacious, welcoming state will always feel like coming home.


2 comments:

  1. You're such a good writer, Crystal. You're funny, insightful, loving, introspective, considerate -- all the things I love in a writer. And in a person. I love reading your posts!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you, Jennette. I greatly appreciate that compliment, considering I know how much you read!

    ReplyDelete