StoryCorps with Granny, LACMA 11/15/11


StoryCorps was something I had been wanting to do for a long time, but never made it in time to make a reservation before they filled up. I guess it goes to show how badly all of us want our story told, want to be told our story matters. Read more about StoryCorps and their mission here.

She taught me how to read, she taught me the Serenity Prayer. She gave me her quiet anxiety, but also gave me her immense inner strength by passing it on to my mother. She is my Granny, but before she was Granny she was and is Mary. Dearly loved by everyone she meets, and she never meets a stranger.

Listen to the entire interview in the link in the column to the right. Ignore the fact that I cite the date as 11/15/01, I was a little nervous =) The interview starts about 10 seconds or so in, so just give it a second.

We all should be so lucky to not have any regrets when we look back at the bulk of our lives, and I am so thankful to have had this wisdom spoken into my life since day one.




1 comment:

  1. Crystal, I was looking through your bling and came across this one and almost came to tears. I still remember Chloe and myself running out to Brentwood after chill got and to find Granny and my dad waiting. Granny always would smile eat to eat in her big van waiting for us. She is such a beautiful person.

    ReplyDelete