Pregnancy Must Haves (so far)

Since I'm a little over half way through my pregnancy, I thought I'd share some of my favorite things so far! Aside from the help and gifts I've gotten from family, of course!

1. Be Band from Target (Be Maternity by Ingrid & Isabel: I just bought this today but I can already tell it's going to be one of my best buys! It was recommended to me by a friend (thanks, Lydia!!) and it is currently helping keep my pants up. It will also help post-partum with keeping up both maternity and pre-pregnancy pants!

2. Essie in Minky Muffs: One of my biggest challenges so far in this pregnancy is feeling like myself. And mostly that means forcing myself to put on makeup and dress up. It is just so much easier not to do any of that but then I slob around the house (this was pre-job) and feel gross all day. This nail color is my choice for this fall, and I LOVE how it looks on my fingers. Bonus: Essie polish stays on my fingers about 2 times longer than anything else I own.

3.The Happiest Baby on the Block by Dr. Harvey Karp: My in-laws got me this book and I am really enjoying it. While I know that no method is an end-all to helping babies cope, but I think this one comes close. I also love that I'm discovering new things despite having been around babies for a lot of my life!

4. Starbucks: Let's be real. I panicked a little during my first trimester when I couldn't even stand outside a Starbucks because of the smell. It was a scary time and I'm glad that it's over and happy to report that I'm back in the saddle! I love me some iced drinks, tea or (decaf) espresso and this really helps keep me cool, since I'm basically sweltering most of the time.

5. Preggie Pop Drops: These helped so much with my morning sickness. Except for the tangerine flavored drops. Those actually made it worse.

6. PSI Accupunture Morning Sickness bands: These helped immensely with morning sickness as well. They are adjustable so you can control the pressure, but also come in super cute colors and look like cute bracelets. Very practical buy!

7. Sweet Cinnamon Pumpkin from Bath and Body Works: I am THRILLED I get to be pregnant through the fall/holiday season. It's my favorite time of the year, and it feels like a luxury to bathe with this shower gel, get out and put on the lotion, and put on the fragrance mist before I leave the house. Most importantly, this fragrance doesn't make me want to vomit. On a related note, I have so much Palmer's Cocoa Butter for stretch marks, since this absolutely made me sick during my first trimester and now triggers my gag reflex.

8. Maternity leggings (loved by Heidi Klum): These leggies are the MOST comfortable pair of leggings I own, maternity or otherwise. They don't cut into my lower belly (where Charlotte likes to hang out), and don't feel restrictive at all! Totally worth the $22.

What are/were your pregnancy must haves? Any recommendations for the second half of my pregnancy or for my hospital bag? (I can't believe I will have to start thinking about packing a hospital bag soon!)



1 comment:

  1. oranges and bean and cheese burritos. Thats all I needed. Oh and a body pillow and at the end with Phi I used one of those back things that movers and stuff wear. It helped lift my ginormous belly and relieve some of the pressure from my back. That thing worked wonders.

    ReplyDelete